Toronto Mayor Nathan Phillips welcomes Jayne Mansfield to City Hall on August 2, 1957. He was proud of the fact that he never kissed anyone but his wife Esther.
Grandpa Phillips was enamoured with my Grandmother. In his 1967 memoir, Mayor of all the People, he wrote about his Ett in loving, glowing terms:
Ett has the kindest, most gentle, loving, unselfish, and sympathetic disposition of anyone I know. She is a sensitive, intelligent, proud, and determined woman...I consider myself lucky to have been blessed with Ett's love, devotion and companionship. (p.55)
Kim Novak or Jayne Mansfield could never tempt him. He saved his love & kisses for Ett.
I am a writer, naturalist, flaneur and citizen of the world. I transitioned from Blogger to WordPress in 2007, so you won’t find me on Blogger today. My latest web project is called Ghost Turtles: Balancing an Ecology of the Senses.
1 comment:
Grandpa Phillips was enamoured with my Grandmother. In his 1967 memoir, Mayor of all the People, he wrote about his Ett in loving, glowing terms:
Ett has the kindest, most gentle, loving, unselfish, and sympathetic disposition of anyone I know. She is a sensitive, intelligent, proud, and determined woman...I consider myself lucky to have been blessed with Ett's love, devotion and companionship. (p.55)
Kim Novak or Jayne Mansfield could never tempt him. He saved his love & kisses for Ett.
Post a Comment